days saved on
5 rigs over 2 years
a single KPI
How a US-Land Operator used TDE Group’s proNova solution to outperform KPI targets
How proNova helps
TDE’s proNova brings together rigorous data QA/QC processes, comprehensive performance metrics and benchmarking methodologies, and enhanced reporting and analytics to increase operations’ visibility. Identifying and achieve best-safe-practices, to facilitate knowledge-sharing via the proNova real-time learning platform. By harboring an environment for excellence and “friendly competition”, proNova was able to assist across a two-year drilling campaign with five rigs for a US-Land Operator to improve operational efficiency that led to more than 130 days, or an estimated US$7.5 Million, in company savings.
- Lack of visibility concerning operational performance
- Process discrepancies between rigs and between drillers
- Non-homogeneous platform for communication and real-time learning
- Managed roll-out: at the beginning of the campaign, the proNova solution captured data from each rig and established an objective baseline for a series of Key Performance Indicators using rig averages. This same dataset was used to identify best-safe-practice targets for each of the KPIs by reviewing each crew’s performance statistics. These baselines and targets were then communicated to all project stakeholders.
- Daily Feedback: proNova client teams automated and sent a series of daily and weekly reports that guided stakeholders to highlight the highs and lows in performance to facilitate knowledge-sharing between crews and rigs during the morning safety briefings. In addition, proNova teams trained engineering and field personnel on the web-based application to help monitor activities in real-time and reference historical performance.
- Field Involvement: specialized metrics centered around operational efficiency were generated based on KPI targets to ensure apples-to-apples comparisons between rigs. To further ensure equal comparisons between crews, proNova teams rigorously Quality Controlled (QC) drilling data and KPI results daily to ensure non-routine activities did not skew statistics.
To transform raw drilling data into actionable insights requires proven algorithms and robust quality-control. By combining proprietary rig-state detection and multi-tiered data QC, proNova added visibility and guidance that facilitated process maps and performance initiatives with the result of measurable efficiency improvements and significant savings to the operator.
Get in touch
Our team is here to help, submit your email and we will get in touch with you.